One form of popular media that set standards of female beauty is music. It is an influential medium in today’s society that tells women the ideal beauty image is “thin, lean, tall, young, white, and heterosexual, with flawless skin and well-groomed hair”(208). This is a damaging beauty ideal for women because they think they need to be corrected or fixed to fit an unattainable ideal. For my advertisement I chose prominent male singer, Bruno Mars, because he mainly targets women that believe in this manipulative ideal. I think that when a prominent Hollywood singer or actor says something more people tend to listen. I quoted his song, “Just the way you are,” because it goes against the ideology of society and mass media. His song speaks about a man loving a woman just the way she is, she doesn’t need to fix anything about herself. Neither mass media nor society will tell women to love their bodies and themselves, because they are a multi-billion dollar business that feeds off women to buy their products to achieve the beauty ideal.
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Wst Advertisment Project
One form of popular media that set standards of female beauty is music. It is an influential medium in today’s society that tells women the ideal beauty image is “thin, lean, tall, young, white, and heterosexual, with flawless skin and well-groomed hair”(208). This is a damaging beauty ideal for women because they think they need to be corrected or fixed to fit an unattainable ideal. For my advertisement I chose prominent male singer, Bruno Mars, because he mainly targets women that believe in this manipulative ideal. I think that when a prominent Hollywood singer or actor says something more people tend to listen. I quoted his song, “Just the way you are,” because it goes against the ideology of society and mass media. His song speaks about a man loving a woman just the way she is, she doesn’t need to fix anything about herself. Neither mass media nor society will tell women to love their bodies and themselves, because they are a multi-billion dollar business that feeds off women to buy their products to achieve the beauty ideal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment